Proverbs 24:10 NLT If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small.
As I sit here pondering this short verse from the book of Proverbs, asking Holy Spirit for insight and direction, He reminds me gently to prepare. He reminds me to be ready, steeped in the Word of God, to be prepared for times of adversity and troubles, for they will come, but Jesus has overcome the world and its troubles (John 16:33), and I simply need to walk in His footsteps.
Last year there were many changes, which brought difficulty to everybody in many different ways. Sadly, a lot of people were not spiritually prepared, resulting in the rise of mental ill health, hopelessness, domestic violence, suicides, and way more. This is alarming and concerning. It almost seems like no-one is looking at the effects of all the changes and restrictions, and they carry on regardless. How is one supposed to cope and get through this mess without imploding, falling into a little heap, and just giving up?
Dear One, it IS possible to be strong and courageous and not to fold up under the pressures of life. God says in His Word: “Let the weak say I am strong” (Joel 3:10b). What an amazing statement of truth to negate some of the lies you are hearing.
It is time to prepare, time to renew your mind with the truth from the Word of God and the truth about the situation, for then you will be strong and not fail.
Here are some pointers to help you get started:
- Recognize you are believing a lie.
- Repent from believing the lie and ask God to forgive you. Receive His forgiveness.
- Refuse to continue on in this manner.
- Replace the lies with the truth.
- Repeat these truths to yourself daily for at least 3 weeks, even up to 9 weeks.
Here are some truths you can focus on:
- You become like the people you hang around with the most. Therefore, Jesus is to be your primary person with whom to hang out.
- Establish your identity in Christ and not in where you live, how much money you make, what skills you have and so on. Ephesians 1 & 2 are the place to start to discover who you are in Christ.
- Psalm 112:7 says that the righteous (those who are followers of Jesus) do not fear bad news for God cares for them and they trust Him. WOW! That is something to hold onto! I did when I was on the cancer journey with my husband a few years ago. All I can say is that God is faithful and never fails.
- He is Jehovah Jireh, your provider. Trust Him, put Him first in your life in every area: finances, interests, relationships, schedule and troubles (Philippians 4:19). This aligns you with his principles.
- Hide His Word in your heart by meditating and memorizing it (Psalm 119:11). When it is in your heart, it comes out of your mouth and as you speak it, you are strengthened.
Be prepared. Start today. Make up your mind and then, when the next trial comes along you can be strong. I promise you it is worth it. God made me strong during many trials, especially the one where my husband of 30 years was promoted to heaven. God is faithful. Seek Him while He may be found.
Blessings of thirsting for more of Him.
If you wish to get these blogs in your inbox, click on this link to join my list and make sure not to miss any of my blogs.
I promise you will not be overrun with emails or be spammed.